Protecting Children from Tobacco
We can all help to create a smoke-free Australia.
Ideas for the school/community
- Ensure school areas have clear non-smoking signage and current smoke free guidelines
- Set up a display in the library of the work your students have completed from the activities in this kit or other smoking related activities
- Promote ‘World No Tobacco Day' held on 31 May each year
- Publish facts about smoking in the school newsletter
- Invite other teachers to visit the Smarter than Smoking website and use the resources
- Invite the community newspaper to run a story on the school’s smoke-free activities
- Develop School Drug and Tobacco Guidelines.
Policy and tobacco control programs help to protect the health of all Australians - in particular children by eliminating or reducing exposure to tobacco. We want fewer Australians smoking or exposed to tobacco smoke. Learn more: